Friday, March 7, 2014

I'm back...

It has been a long time since I wrote. We have a new person working in our office and I asked her to review our web pages to see how "friendly" we are, as well as identify any links that appear not to work. Well, it took her all of one second to comment about a link on the top of our web page that led to a blog that hasn't been updated in years (too many years). I've always wanted to get back to it but I kept forgetting the password since we renamed our web site. Bad excuse, I know. Anyway, here I am; I hope that I can do this weekly, now. Expressions of Hope in a Messy World. We need this. For many people in our congregation, the world is changing too fast and... in their opinion... not always for the better. They find that the world they live in is no longer to be recognized. Yet, the church is in a unique situation; it is the connection between a God who does not change (unconditional Love for us shown through Jesus's action on the cross) and a world that is in constant change. The church has to adapt;the church needs to be that connection. Bill Hybels keeps saying; "The local church is the hope of the world." And I believe that. The church has an important role to play. I have now been at St. Andrew's Nanaimo for six years; I have started my seventh year as of March 1st. The changes here over those years has been many. And there are more changes in the works. Just recently (since the summer of 2013), I have read and done a book study on "Who Stole My Church: What to Do When the Church You Love Tries to Enter the 21st Century" and it seems to have struck accord with a number of people. I under-estimated the kind of response that I would receive by "doing" this book study. It has been great. I recommend this book for everyone out there. We are now moving on to the next book; Deep and Wide; Creating Churches that Unchurch People Love to Attend. I am just curious where this is going to lead us. I really liked this book; I wonder if others will, too. Blessings for now...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. This is good to see. I am looking forward to more please

Post a Comment