Saturday, March 29, 2014

The Noah movie...

I read in the paper this morning how Muslims and some Christians are upset about the making and showing of this new movie "Noah."  There are certain countries in the Middle East that will not allow this movie into their theaters; there are church leaders who are telling "their people" not to go and see it.  Often I wonder how the un-churched people view this; I wonder how the de-churched people look to these responses.  For un-churched people, I am sure it convinces them that these Christian people are as nuts as they believe them to be - after all; "It's just a movie!"  I am sure that for the de-churched that it is just one more reason not to re-connect with their lost faith.

Unfortunate as it is, these few people who believe that they are speaking out on behalf of Christians every where, aren't, and they wind up throwing all churches under the bus (so-to-speak).  As for me, I say; "Go and enjoy the movie - if you can."  I truly hope that people will embrace the idea that someone saw a bible story worthy enough for all people to view - even if it is their interpretation.  It is then my prayer that these people will then (at least) look up the story online (at Biblegateway for example) Gen 6:1 - 9:29 and read it for themselves (the link connects to Eugene Peterson's 'The Message' version of the flood story - it's easier to read and understand).  I hope that there are people who do go to church do this; it may be one of the few times that they open their bibles (sad to say).

Enjoy your movie... hope to see you there...

Ron

0 comments:

Post a Comment